last updated 2019-10-08
kissMM is a mod manager written in Python based around its sole design purpose - keep it simple, stupid. It acts as a GUI tool for duplicating your base game and copying mods into it.
- Just a Python script that copies folders for you, really
- Configured through a single file using folder paths
- Runs on Windows and probably everything else
- Under GPLv3
You may need to install PySimpleGUI through
pip if you don't have it already
- Drag kissMM's script into its own folder
- Create config.cfg in that folder (check the example for format)
- Paste the folder locations for the mods you want to install into the config
- Launch kissMM and hit Republish All, which will copy the base games files and your mods to your new game folder
- Enjoy your game!
- Publish All copies all the mods in the list box
- Republish All copies both the base game and all your mods
- Double click a mod in the list box to publish it alone (useful for card directories)
- Mods are installed in the order they're listed in the config, from top (first) to bottom (last)
- To disable a mod, just comment out the folder path in the config file
- CopyStyle sets how kissMM handles files.
copyfileputs a copy of the files into the PublishPath.
symlinkcreates system links which take up less storage space by referring to the real file in another directory.
- Republish is disabled under CopyStyle
symlinkso your BaseGamePath files aren't modified. This may be able to be overridden in a future update.
symlinkCopyStyle is not implemented yet.
Create the following config.cfg in the same directory as the kissMM script. Change the paths to what applies to your install.
[PATHS] [OPTIONS] CopyStyle = copyfile BaseGamePath = C:\Users\player\Games\Honey Select\VanillaCopy PublishPath = C:\Users\player\Games\Honey Select\NewModifiedGame [MODS] data = C:\Users\player\Games\Honey Select\Mods\Mod Folder A C:\Users\player\Games\Honey Select\Mods\Mod Folder B C:\Users\player\Games\Honey Select\Mods\Mod Folder C (etc etc...)
Paths can be commented out with a
- Finish symlink method
- CLI arguments to not need PySimpleGUI